Saturday, April 19, 2008

bite-me-not

Like any one else that likes to go out for drinks, I go out to have a good time.

But, there is always a fine line between getting close and getting too close. Atleast I think I still do so while reasonably sober.

I've been joining my colleagues for drinks for a while now. And while its all good clean fun, you do run into some weirdos once in a while.

This one guy, who I had met once before at another colleague's farewell joined us for drinks as well. I could tell he was reasonably dosed up when he arrived. He asked to swapped seats with another one of my colleagues to sit next to me and we chatted for about a couple of minutes. I turned my attention back to my colleagues when I realised he wasn't making much sense.

Then out of nowhere.. He bit me.

Somehow it occurred to him, it might just be a good idea to try and take a piece out of my left shoulder.

After a few stunned seconds, I asked my colleague to swap seats with me. After I finished my drink, I asked some of the regulars if they wanted to move on to another pub. They had sensed something was wrong when I had asked to swap seats and left straight away with me.

I felt a lot more at ease after we had left him behind.

After we reached the next pub, I told them what that weirdo did. Although most of them were appalled, we did have a good laugh over it. A lot of laughing accompanied by various chomping sounds.

One of the guys commented on how 'thats what 10 years of system administration will do to you'.

*sigh.. One weirdo and the whole industry gets a bad name.

I still have the bite marks on my shoulder.

However, he was drunk. And drunk people do stupid things. So I will let this go.

But I swear.. if he ever comes close to me again, I will punch his lights out.

No comments: