I'm stuck in Sunnyvale, CA for the next 2 weeks or so for work. And when I mean stuck. I do mean stuck. There isn't much around here (apart from a lot of IT companies). And since I don't drive much in Sydney, I didn't think I should drive in the US. (wrong side of the road etc...)
Here are some things I have encountered during my hotel stay so far:
- When there is a spider the size of a door knob in your bathroom, screaming does not make it go away.
-- 5 mins later I see a commercial for RIDDEX on the tv (a pest control device)..!??!
- It costs $2.93 USD (pre-tax & pre-tip) to send 1 piece of my underwear to the hotel laundry.
- It cost less than $10 USD to buy a set of 3 new panties.
- Eating alone is really quite boring.
- Star Trek Voyager is on from 10pm, followed by DS9
- The closest Walgreen is nearly 3 miles away -- its not walking distance. (therefore no detergent).
Looks like I'm going to have to get some new underwear soon.