Saturday, September 24, 2005

One dead Fish..10 stitches..

My favourite Pearlscale goldfish died today. It never swam very well (just kinda wobbled around). I thought it was a common trait amongst Pearlscales - since they are so fat and round. Just like a golf ball. I jumped on Google and did a quick search - a couple of the websites I read said that it might have had a problem with its swim-bladder (and can be genetic). Is there any solutions to this ? I don't want this to happen to my other Pearlscale. Does anyone know ?

Today has just been a really bad day. Besides the fact that I had to go into the office to work (on a weekend) and missed the first half of the Eagles game. Pete had also managed to injure himself. Stupidly.

About 20 mins after the Eagles had lost (it was a very close game.. all credit goes to the Swans though - they did play very well), I recieved a SMS on my mobile. The SMS was from one of his friends, saying that Pete had hit his head and was on the way to the hospital. I replied his SMS with the following message..

"Ok .. I know the Eagles lost the finals.. but it's not the end of the world ! Just tell him to stop hitting his head against the wall !!! .."

I already had a crap day the whole morning and was in no mood for jokes.

Pete came home with his head half bandaged (10 stitches) and one very bruised arm.

At first I thought the bandage was fake. But as I continued to stare at him, I noticed his left eye was completely swollen and had a couple of quite visible cuts below it. I was shocked, but extremely pissed off. Trying my best not to raise my voice, I asked him what happened, he replied he ran into a closing door - playing with the boys.

I was so irritated .. I couldn't even be bothered to ask how he managed to do that and just walked away back to my room.

I actually wanted to laugh.. But I couldn't.

No comments: