Saturday, September 24, 2005

One dead Fish..10 stitches..

My favourite Pearlscale goldfish died today. It never swam very well (just kinda wobbled around). I thought it was a common trait amongst Pearlscales - since they are so fat and round. Just like a golf ball. I jumped on Google and did a quick search - a couple of the websites I read said that it might have had a problem with its swim-bladder (and can be genetic). Is there any solutions to this ? I don't want this to happen to my other Pearlscale. Does anyone know ?

Today has just been a really bad day. Besides the fact that I had to go into the office to work (on a weekend) and missed the first half of the Eagles game. Pete had also managed to injure himself. Stupidly.

About 20 mins after the Eagles had lost (it was a very close game.. all credit goes to the Swans though - they did play very well), I recieved a SMS on my mobile. The SMS was from one of his friends, saying that Pete had hit his head and was on the way to the hospital. I replied his SMS with the following message..

"Ok .. I know the Eagles lost the finals.. but it's not the end of the world ! Just tell him to stop hitting his head against the wall !!! .."

I already had a crap day the whole morning and was in no mood for jokes.

Pete came home with his head half bandaged (10 stitches) and one very bruised arm.

At first I thought the bandage was fake. But as I continued to stare at him, I noticed his left eye was completely swollen and had a couple of quite visible cuts below it. I was shocked, but extremely pissed off. Trying my best not to raise my voice, I asked him what happened, he replied he ran into a closing door - playing with the boys.

I was so irritated .. I couldn't even be bothered to ask how he managed to do that and just walked away back to my room.

I actually wanted to laugh.. But I couldn't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have FREE leads for your business. Hey, these are free for the asking. All you need to do is visit my website.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have FREE leads for your business. Hey, these are free for the asking. All you need to do is visit my website.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!