Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Unhealthy Obsession..

My closest cousin has an unhealthy obsession with handbags. On last count she told me she has approximately 10 'treasured ones' and a unknown number of normal-other-use ones. The 'treasured ones' are the European branded bags and costs over $400 each. (You know ..the Gucci's...LV... Prada .. etc..).

Don't get me wrong, I own a Gucci too (only one.. because I can only afford one - for which I use for work). It's a great bag. Although, I'm not sure if it is worth a price tag of $955, but it has yet to fall apart. Which I can proudly say - It has done much better than the other ones I was using previously. In most cases, my handbags only last about 3 months or so. I think it has something to do with the amount of stuff I put in them.

My usual workbag contains.. external harddisk cover (with my harddisk), CD pack (my survival kit), a few network cables (sometimes) and my iPod. As I said before, it's my 'work bag' .. it contains everything that I need for work.

But, I seriously think that 20++ handbags is getting to be a bit too much.

So here I am now, brainstorming what to get my cousin for her birthday. I had a chat with her bf, and he suggested that I can either continue her unhealthy obsession with handbags or get her the iPod Nano. (Dammit.. both are just as expensive !)

I told him I'll get her the iPod (atleast the iPod has a retail price tag) and leave him to continue her unhealthy obsession.

2 comments:

Iren said...

liked your blog :)

takumi said...

thanks.. :) And for the record.. i think insomniac wolves count Red Riding Hoods.. ;P