Friday, August 19, 2005

Today is Daffodil Day ..

"The Daffodil is the international symbol of hope for all people affected by cancer..."

I had nearly forgotten today is Daffodil Day. It was only when I was stepping out of the Wynyard Train Station that I saw the volunteers selling Daffodils Day merchandise, raising money for the Cancer Foundation.

I brought a bunch of Daffodils and sent a silent prayer for my youngest uncle who is back in Perth winning his battle against Cancer. Winning.. not even sure if that is the correct word to use anymore. My uncle spent nearly a year doing chemo and radiotheropy.

The last time I was back in Perth, I gave my uncle a hug before I left and it was then I realised how much weight he had really losed. I could easily feel his shoulder bone when I wrapped my arms around him. A man which at one stage of my life had told him he was getting 'fat' .. was now probably a third of what he previously weighed.

Gotta stop getting all teary now .. and get back to work. :(

No comments: