Sunday, February 18, 2007

life is short

Second day back at home, and I realised one of my old drinking buddies passed away.

Suicide.

Seems kind of ironic, especially since that during my last trip back home, he was the one that took me back home when I was drunk, and left a sms on my phone saying 'Life is short, live it to the fullest, don't waste it away getting drunk'.

And I had replied... 'Getting drunk was my way to get away... my way to live'.

How stupid that sounds now.

I am at a lost of words. I uncontrollably cried my eyes out when I heard the news. So sudden. So young.

To my dear friend in heaven,

If only you could see my tears now. If only you knew all the friends you would leave behind. If only you knew how much we will miss you. If only,...

I only wish that now you have found peace.

*hugs

No comments: