Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Busy Busy

I've been so busy for the past few days that I feel like I'm running around, resembling somewhat of a mad chook with my head half chopped off.. Its not a nice sight.

Today I have spent most of my time travelling between two datacenters trying to get my system back online. Properly online.

One of my filers 1/2 failed yesterday, luckily the other cluster kicked in. And now I know a bit more (than I would have liked to) about Netbackup and NDMP set up commands. I think I was actually seeing those commands in my dreams last night !! Well.. maybe not my dreams... I never remember my dreams anyway. But it was what I was thinking of when I woke up this morning.

I'm actually tempted to take up the job offer with another outsourcing company (courtesy of my ex-colleague).. this one though is mainly dealing wintel servers and so it would be back to Citrix \ Active Directory and Exchange. I wonder how long I would last in that role before I get bored again. Hmm.

Oh.. the other 1/2 of my day was spent at the datacenter trying to unscrew the console cable that some tech had attached to my now dead offline server.

The cable was so firmly attached to the COM port, that it actually look like it will come out WITH the attaching screwed-in console cable. I actually ended up giving up on the cable and using another cable to another server instead. :(

To all the techs out there... (especially to the tech that did this)... PLEASE DO-NOT USE POWER DRILLS \ ELECTRIC SCREWDRIVERS WHEN ATTACHING CABLES !!!!

Same goes for using power drills \ electric screwdrivers on Thumb screws !!!

Thumb screws are supposed to be able to be unscrewable using only your thumbs !! NOT take the first 2 layers of your skin OFF YOUR THUMB ~!!!

Grrr... excuse the caps..

Guess its time to go home and douse myself in cold water.

Gdnite all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... don't you love the work place here?? always give you surprises... always give you new ideas to all the situations that u never thought of... it's life challenging??? hahhaha...

Enjoy~~~ :P