Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Planning

Anyone who knows me personally would know that I'm absolutely hopeless with planning and organising things. I'm like the most unorganised person to have ever graced the face of this planet !! I'm not exaggerating. Just take a look of my room. There is evidence in there to satisfy any jury.

So for the past week, I've have been using most of my time at work trying to plan my airtickets and accomodation so that I can attend my high school reunion and C & A's wedding. The reunion is in Perth while the wedding is in Macau. And since I would be in Asia, I will try to visit my dear friends in Singapore as well.

At first I thought I wouldn't be bothered to try to fly back for the reunion. Since I already keep a pretty close contact with most of my high school friends that I used to hang out with. However, on second thoughts, I guess it would be good to see how everyone else is and what they are doing now.

So far my trip will be as follows :

Sydney - Perth - Hong Kong - Macau - Hong Kong - Singapore - Sydney

At the moment, I'm trying to avoid overnight stays in Hong Kong, as for the past two years I think I have already been to HK too many times. So just to simplify things, I'm thinking to just transit there only and take the Ferry to Macau. Plus if I get out of the airport, I think I would just end up spending too much money on shopping.

One of the problems is that if I was to make this trip into a reality, the air tickets alone will set me back around $1500. That is the cheapest I can find so far. If anyone else knows a cheaper way to get out of Australia (while keeping to the above itinerary)... PLS TELL ME ~~!!

I will be eternity grateful.

And then there is the issue of my exam at the end of the year. The exam will be held sometime within the week I will be away. (Thats if I don't fly to Singapore and just come straight back to Sydney after the wedding).

My exam timetable doesn't come out until week 9. Another 4 weeks away. I somehow doubt my airtickets will still be available at that price. If they would still be available at all. At the moment, I hope that when the exam timetable does come out, that my lecturer will let me take the exam at a earlier date. Lets hope he agrees. If not, I'm screwed.

And what is it with those Online booking sites ?! Why isn't there an option to let travellers plan multiple stops ??

So fustrating.... :(

No comments: