An advertisement on a townhouse for sale caught my eye while I was going through my usual home alerts from Domain this morning.
- Modern Kitchen ........ Check
- New toilet ............ Check
- Timber floors...... Check
- Enclosed Kitchen Area ...... Check
- Two large bedrooms ........ Check
- Split level with allocated parking ....... Check
- Private Courtyard & Garden ......... CHECK !
- Priced under $340K ............ DOUBLE CHECK !!!
It was almost too good to be true. It was perrrrfect !
I quickly sent an enquiry to the advertising agent, requesting a floor plan, strata fees and inspection times.
Then I saw the suburb name. I've never heard of it.
Oh no... it dawned on me that I could be looking at a townhouse in woop woop...... A quick look on whereis.com and I managed to locate the suburb.
It wasn't too bad. There was a passing train line. Only that its EIGHT #%$!# stops away from my current train station !!!!!!
Yep... Thus indefinitely adding another 40 mins to my current train trip to work every morning.
And I thought I had found my dream property. Damn. I knew it was too good to be true.
The reality is that I know I will probably never find anything that fits my selection criteria in the price range and in the suburbs I want to live in. Its probably the main reason why I am still renting. Sigh. And my landlord wants to increase our rent to an extra $20 a week.
I need another pay rise.