Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Flu with Bad Cough

Its been nearly a whole week now since I've been down with my flu.

Runny nose and a Cough that just doesn't seem to want to go away.

I have officially gone through 3 boxes of Kleenex tissues and 2 rolls of toilet paper.

No ... I didn't spend my sick days stuck in a toilet... I had run out of Kleenexes at home and had to turn to toilet paper instead.

However I still managed to go out drinking on Tuesday night and Saturday. I knew I needed more sleeeeep... but with a public holiday on Wednesday, and the weekend available, it was just too tempting.

I had a feeling that nothing good would come from me going out while sick. (I can still hear my good conscience voice telling me 'I told you so').

Atleast amongst all this going out and having fun, I did manage to put two theories to the test.

One.. that Beer, although also known as the Western world's equivalent of 'Herbal Tea' to Asians, it does not possess any herbal tea benefits.

Two... alcoholic beverages prepared from single malt, aged 12 years liquor DOES-NOT kill off germs or the flu bug.

Why is there no cure to the common cold ? *sob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes... the solution is Exercise... now that u have gone thru the trouble of cancelling ur membership... u should still go to the one in ur apartment...
at least do some sports... tennis, badminton, car racing Oops... i mean car driving... ya... do something... oh... or golf...
umm... in summary... Wii Sports...