Monday, December 18, 2006

Honey I did the washing...

I arrived home today to a very proud boyfriend who happily declared that he did all the washing.

-- Proof that he isn't spending all his spare time playing PS2.--

All the washing ?! (I asked)

All the clothes and dishes... and they are all dried as well (came the reply.. and continues to play on PS2)

I eyed the pile of clothes on the sofa. I supposed I should do the folding...

That was until I saw my white silk top, Cue pants and other woolen tops which now resembled something along the lines of a withered branch or the output from a meat processor.

"You do know that some clothes cannot be put in the dryer... right !?" (I picked up my now shriveled white top). "See the tag.. it says 'Do Not Tumble Dry'... !"

"Is it ? I thought you always just put the clothes in the dryer"

"Then why do we have clothes hanger on the balcony ?????????"

"Oh..... sorry" (continues to play PS2)

Seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with a 5 year old.... must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.must.calm.down.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww c'monnnn, give the guy some credit, it's not everyday a guy does the washing all by himself... albeit drying it wrongly. Hehe. just gives you more reason to shop for new clothes now doesn't it?
=0P

Anonymous said...

I second on jai on the giving credit part... it's not usual for a guy to suddenly jump up and wash (even your) clothes...

Honestly I do not understand what does "Do not tumble dry" mean but lucky I dun have a dryer @ home... I guess most of the time in life we need to learn the hard way... (but thanx for telling me know what it means... i feel that i saved alot of money if i ever live with a gal and if i ever do any laundry then...) hahahah

Suggestion to help you to calm down... continue to compliment that your bf finally done laundry... encourage him to do that... then bring him out to shopping for nicer clothes and ask him to pay... from then on, he'll learn...
if.tumble.dry.wrong.clothes.my.wallet.will.also.be.tumbled.dry.as.well...

takumi said...

wtf ?! can a female pls leave a comment ~~~ !

Just because you're male doesn't mean you can't wash clothes and can't read either !

Anonymous said...

well, i honestly think there are some underlying issues that are not solved in your relationship. it's not so much of the washing that you are concerned of, but rather it's the both of u. looks like u guys really need to sit down and talk things thru...like adults. it will not help ur relationship if the both of u keep sitting on the fence waiting for things to happen......just my 2 cents worth of thoughts.

takumi said...

Anonymous 1... thanks.. :) i'm trying... sometimes i feel like we are on different channels and i'm trying to break into his wave length - which is impossible. i'm not ready to throw in the towel yet..and hope it doesn't come to that.

mon1ca said...

babe... cool down!

I think guys are !d!0t5 when it comes to laundry. I knew of an engineer who did not even know how to operate his washing machine!
*ahem* sorry... if you are reading!

Then again, thank god my brother wasn't like that! =P

takumi said...

i came home last night to something similar... but this time the toilet. not sure if i can be bothered to do a post on that.

but any guy that doesn't know how to operate a washing machine should be shot.... and if you are reading this... then GOOD !