Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Selfish

To my absolute horror, I woke up this morning to find my beautiful pearlscale goldfishes all bashed and tattered. Their pearls were all missing. Their fins were torn and their bodies bruised. And if they were having trouble swimming before because of their 'round' body shape, they were having more trouble now. I was half minded to just put them out of their misery.

But not until I find the culprit.

Overnight my boyfriend's male Golden Severum was chasing the females around the tank, and so the females were getting pretty stressed out. Therefore, he thought it would be best to move his female severums to my little goldfish tank. The severums although still young are atleast 12 cm long. What idiot would put two mildly agressive fish into a small tank with three little pearlscale goldfishes ?! I would think only an idiot who is selfish enough to think only of the well-being of his own fish and not anyone elses.

There is no way a pearlscale can out-swim a golden severum.

Not only did he do this. But he did it behind my back. I definitely would of objected if he asked me before putting his fish in. (most probably why he didn't bother asking).

It wasn't until I woke up in the morning that he said to me... "Dear, I put Goldie into your tank... But...". I promptly shot out of bed and ran outside to my fish tank. And watched in dismay at the damage inflicted on my pearlscales.

If you wanted to separate your fish... THEN PUT THE DAMN THING IN A BUCKET !!!

I was so ANGRY....

I wanted to put a skewer through his golden severums and string them up and see how they like it.

But I couldn't. How can you blame a fish ?! Especially when their owner is an idiotic selfish bastard...

1 comment: