Thursday, October 27, 2005

Death Sentence

I hardly comment about politics (not because its useless to comment about Australian politics) or other countries laws. Just simply because there is nothing I can say. But there is one case lately that I have been following quite closely on the news. It is the one about an Australian who is facing the death penalty in a foreign country.

This particular case is of a young low-level drug mule who did it to pay off his brother's debt. If the Death Penalty must be imposed, then it should be on the high level bosses.

Sadly this case has not received much attention from the Australian media. At least I can definitely say, it didn't receive the same attention as the Corby case did. I hate to think that it is because he is of an Asian background and not a White Australian. But chances are, it probably is.

I don't know how to justify the Death Penalty. I don't think any institution or human being has the right to take the life of another under any circumstances. How can Society disapprove of Murder and then deliberately take the life of another?

An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17062758-421,00.html

Send a stencil tracing of your hands in support to The Reach Out Campaign, c/o Howells, 205 William Street, Melbourne 3000.