Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Meeting with the Big Boss

At 3.30pm today I have a meeting with my team leader's manager's manager. The manager of our whole Australian Operations department in Sydney.

Scary.

I still have no idea what the meeting is for. I only know that yesterday I recieved a meeting request in my Outlook inbox asking me to respond 'Accept \ Deny' the meeting. In situations like these, is it even possible to deny a meeting request from your boss's manager's manager ??

I had no choice but to click on the Accept button and send the reply back to his PA.

So here I am now, with 12 minutes left to go, twiddling my thumbs. I can only think he would want to discuss my performance. Why else would he want to see me ? Unless he has a server at home he wants to configure. But then that would be double handling. I'm sure both levels of my managers before him will be able to handle my performance issues. They report back to him in any case.

I'm trying to think of all the possible situations that I might have stuffed up at something. Or may have caused someone to complain to him about my performance.

Nothing. Mind is blank

Don't upper-level management people know they can cause heart attacks in their people by sending out meeting requests with no descriptions ?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally right about that last comment ...hopeu have handled the situation well !!!

Anonymous said...

hey girl, did you get a pay rise?! =P
-mon-