Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Highschool Friends..

My high school friends have always been close to me. Although my bestest best friend from my high school days is no longer the same one. We all still remain quite close. We have our regular gatherings (for the ones who are now located in Sydney) and all try to meet up together when our Stewardess high school friend (who works for SQ) flies in for one night.

As our air stewardess buddy was flying in on Sunday, we got together and did our usual gathering over dinner. After much debating (over mass emails) we decided to go this Spanish place for Tapas. Dinner was not too bad. But the service was atrocious. We stood at the door for about 10 minutes. I accidently tripped one of the waiters a bit (it was an accident). But in the end, I realised it was only because of that we had got his attention. After another 10 minutes or so, one of my girl friend's partner politely got up to get our menus. He had probably noticed my patience was severely wearing down. By the end of our meal, we had still get to receive our jug of water.

I don't understand how a place like that could survive in a city like Sydney. Especially in a street that had 5 other Spanish restaurants.

Our first high school friend to get married did so the previous week. And so 'marriage' was pretty much the topic of the night. I can remember it wasn't that long ago that we still bitched about each other's boyfriends. And now we are already on the topic of marriage. Scary thought.

I could tell we had all grown up quite alot. We talked about our plights with house \ apartment hunting and about how busy we were at our various jobs.

Topics that definitely wouldn't of come up when we were back in the days of Perth.

No comments: