Friday, October 06, 2006

Finalised

I've finally handed in my resignation letter and signed the contract for my new job. For now.. I think... I can finally breathe again.

I still have 4 weeks left at my current job, but I already know I will deeply miss everyone here.

After my manager announced my resignation, my Inbox was bombarded with emails from my colleagues. The head of Trading even asked my manager that if it was about money, then maybe Trading can do something about keeping me here.

But its not about the money. The new job I am taking on, is one which I hope would help me path the way to achieving my goals. Or to put it simply, what I would want to be doing in the next 5 years.

And for me, 5 years is my set target timeframe at the moment. Because if I'm not 'successful' (in my terms) in the next 5 years then I might as well stop trying and just settle down with a husband and start popping out the kids.

Anyway, it is nice to know that I have made a difference in my current company.

And the 'popping out the kids' scenario... lets hope it doesn't come to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can i say?? An important person leaving a company resulting in higher management's request to keep you!! The effort you put in the company is highly recognized!!! (*sigh* how come I never have this feeling when I leave my previous job?? *sob*)

Anyways, being your friend I wish you successful in your next 5 year plan, but at the same time i wanna remind you that the 'popping out kids' scenario can actually happen concurrently!!! hahahaha....

*sniff* what's that smell coming up?? is it the smell of something like errr... __dding?? A __dding coming up????

oh... ya... i was just kidding... waahahahahaa.... :P
hopefully i save my own butt